I like to keep things simple, so I don’t offer package options or require you to invest up front in a multi-month commitment. We simply meet as long as you’re getting value from our sessions.
Here’s how it works:
- Since coaching bears its fruit with time, I ask all new clients to make an initial mental commitment to 3 months of work with me.
- We can coach by phone or Zoom, or if you’re in the Ann Arbor area we can also meet and coach in person. My office is located at 1785 W. Stadium Blvd. #202, Ann Arbor, MI 48103.
- Sessions are 1 hour and cost $150.
- Sessions are spaced every 1-2 weeks at first to foster momentum; with time we can adapt our frequency to meet your needs.
- I coach Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- I do my best to accommodate clients who can’t meet during traditional business hours by reserving 1 early morning and 1 evening each week for sessions.
- Between sessions I’m available to you for 15 minutes of additional email/phone/text support, as needed.
- Payment by cash, check, or credit card is due at the end of each session. Unfortunately my services are not covered by health insurance companies.
Possible Outcomes For You
My clients report these outcomes:
- They get unstuck and into motion
- They become more self-aware
- They gain clarity and focus their efforts
- They develop skills and confidence
- They learn to leverage their strengths
- They learn to anticipate obstacles and manage their limitations
- They become keen observers of their own experience
- They come to see, understand, and let go of unhelpful patterns
- They experiment with and build new, helpful behaviors into habits
- They learn to design systems and solutions that actually work for their brains
- They increase their performance and productivity, both at home and in the workplace
- They feel their load lighten and their overall sense of health and well-being increase
- They stay the course and accomplish their goals
When you hire me, we become partners.
Our partnership is focused on who you are as a person, what’s most important to you, and how we can close the gap between where you are now (your current performance) and what you’re capable of (your potential). By inviting you into territory that you may not have considered before, I can help you discover how to make smarter decisions and take actions that are informed by and contribute to your goals.
As with any sound partnership, honesty, respect, and shared expectations are at the core of it all. In the beginning, and regularly as time goes by, we’ll check in and talk about our partnership. What’s working well? What adjustments do we need to make? How can we serve your goal even more powerfully? For now, you can rest easy in knowing that I’m open-minded and compassionate, and that I handle client confidentiality very seriously.
Here are some things you can expect in our partnership:
I ask that you make an initial mental commitment to 3 months of work with me.
Since the adaptive changes most people seek require time to unfold (experiencing fresh insight and building new habits don’t just happen overnight), it’s not uncommon for some coaching engagements to last 6 or 12 months or more. So I ask, but but don’t formally require, that you commit to a minimum engagement of 3 months with me. While there are no guarantees or timetables, this is often what happens in the first 3 months: The first month is often energizing and novel, and it can yield some immediate insights. The second month can feel a bit slower, with reality rearing its head and progress feeling more elusive. By the third month things tend to be shifting: patterns of thought and behavior are changing, attitude is evolving, and opportunities are emerging.
In coaching, we believe all people are naturally creative, resourceful, and whole.
Therefore, coaching is not about diagnosing, treating, or otherwise “fixing” a person. It’s about honoring you – helping you to step fully into your unique strengths and awesomeness. So in our partnership we recognize you as the expert on your own life and the source of your own best answers.
In our partnership it’s you who’s at the helm. You’re our leader!
Therefore, you will get the most out of our partnership when:
- You show up consistently (to our sessions, and in between sessions)
- You prepare an agenda and share it with me before each session
- You take responsibility for your learning
- You are willing to be vulnerable
- You are committed to self-observation and self-improvement over a sustained period
- You are genuinely curious to understand yourself, and to experiment with new and different ways of thinking and being
As a coach, I don’t provide advice, suggestions, or answers. Instead, I deliver my value in 3 ways:
- Support: I support you by listening closely, asking questions, sharing observations, offering direct feedback, challenging you to stretch yourself, being there to help you up when you stumble, helping you celebrate your wins, championing your potential, and co-creating a safe space for your exploration.
- Accountability: I provide accountability by asking you to report on actions you’ve taken, inviting you to evaluate what you learned from them, and reminding you of your goals and commitments to yourself.
- Guidance: I guide you by managing the clock in our sessions, providing structure for our conversations, sharing pertinent information and perspective (when you ask for it, or when you grant permission for me to share it), and by sharing occasional worksheets, handouts, and articles for your engagement.